Here's an example of one of the 8 exercises included in the Vision for Life Program. Each of the 8 exercises is described with step-by-step instructions and detailed illustrations, as you will see below.
NOTE: For ease of use the Vision for Life program does not require a computer to perform the exercises and techniques. All exercises use low-glass laminated charts that are provided in the program. The following exercise has been modified for computer demonstration.
3 Cups is excellent for improving focus and coordination. There are three levels to it. You will have plenty of time to learn each level as you progress at your own pace toward the final level 3b, so don't become discouraged if you feel it is difficult to obtain certain images!
Note: If you have any difficulties see "Troubleshooting" below.
- Refer to the above image labeled "#3 - 3 CUPS." You will also need a pen or pencil.
- Sit relaxed and adjust your chair so that you are 12 to 24 inches from the computer monitor at eye level. If the image is not perfectly clear to you, that's all right, as long as you can make out the image.
- Hold the pen vertically between the two circles approximately 1 inch from the screen. The top of the pen should be at the same level as the image.
- Focus on the top of the pen as you slowly bring it toward your face. (Refer to Figure 3.2 below.) As you bring the pen closer to your face you will notice the two circles appear to become three circles. When it appears that the three circles are all the same shape and proportion, stop moving the pen.
- Try to shift your focus from the pen to the center circle. This may be difficult and could take a few days to master. If you have trouble doing this, refer to "Troubleshooting" below.
- Once you can focus on the center circle, move your pen away while maintaining your focus. Try to see the center circle as clearly as possible. As you increase your focus you will notice that the center circle becomes three-dimensional. It will look as if you were peering down into a Styrofoam cup. (Refer to Figure 3.3 below.)
- Your final goal for Level 1 is to look at the two circles and create the three circles, the center one appearing three-dimensional, without using your pen. Once you can easily achieve this, proceed to level 2 as described in the Vision for Life daily training routine.
Level 2 & 3: As detailed in the Vision for Life program.
Troubleshooting for Level 1:
a) You have trouble creating the third circle.
Move closer or farther from the monitor. Also, your eyes may have become tired very quickly, so briefly look away or perform the Distant Night exercise to refresh your eyes.
b) You see four circles.
Focus closer to the tip of your nose. Bring the pen closer to your face and keep your eyes focused on it. This should transform the four circles into three. Another option is to move a few inches farther from the monitor.
c) You cannot focus on the center circle.
If you can see the center circle but have trouble focusing on it without the pen, be assured that this is normal when you're first performing the exercise. Focus on the top of the pen, then slowly look over it at the center circle. Keep going back and forth between the two until you are able to focus on the center circle without the pen.
Professional-Oriented Magnifying Software
Be careful with your eyes! They need to last your entire life!
Click to Free Download Now!